A burgeoning mining jurisdiction
- Pro-mining government underpinned by modern mining law
- Gold is the fastest growing and largest export (accounts for 13% of Nicaragua’s total exports)(1)
- 25-year exploration and exploitation concessions
- Reasonable tax regime: 30% corporate tax, 3% royalty
- Skilled labor available
- Safe environment to operate
- Modern infrastructure (paved roads, water and power)
- Repatriation of capital and profits allowed
- Limited modern gold exploration
1) Source: www.calibremining.com. Earn-in agreement and strategic exploration alliance between Calibre and Rio Tinto announced February 24, 2020.
2) Source: www.mineros.com.co/en/operations/hemco.
3) Please refer to slide 2 under “Third-Party Publications” for a disclaimer on information from third-party sources