|Location||La Segoviana Concession|
|Size of Target Area / Area Drilled||38.5 km2 / 0 km2|
|Distance from Processing Plant||1.0 km south of San Albino mill|
|Targeted Mining Method||Open Pit and under-ground potential|
|Targeted Metal||Au, Ag|
|Targeted zone||San Pablo, Mina Francisco, Intermediate|
|Deposit Type||Orogenic – High grade Au, shallow dipping 1-2m wide stacked veins|
Initial mapping and sampling on La Segoviana has identified at least four prospects with high-grade gold values and vein-characteristics similar to those currently being mined at San Albino up to 21 km to the south.
The current reconnaissance exploration program covers the northern portion of the La Segoviana Concession and includes geological mapping and sampling of exposed mineralized veins, local mine dumps and, where safely accessible, underground workings.
Initial mapping and sampling on the La Segoviana Concession is confirming the existence of high-grade gold mineralization over a significant strike potential at four prospects; La Reforma, El Silencio, San Luis-Caballo and Minas America. While additional mapping is required to determine the true strike and dip of the individual veins, mapping to date indicates the prospects cover a linear distance of approximately 6 km.
Approximately 21,000 metres of drilling is planned for 2022 on the La Segoviana and Potrerillos concessions in 2022.
The structural setting and style of mineralization found at La Segoviana is almost identical to San Albino and to the numerous other showings within all four of the Company’s exploration and exploitation concessions. The gold mineralization occurs in fault-controlled quartz veins and occasionally in the immediate surrounding host rock which often contains several parallel gold-bearing veinlets. Veins are typically 1 m thick, with a NE-SW or N-S orientation and a shallow, 15-20 degrees dip. A total of 367 samples were collected from quartz veins exposed in prospects and historical workings, as well as historical dumps with gold assays up to 82.50 g/t Au.
A total of 35 channel samples were collected with 23 samples representing the in-situ vein and 12 samples representing dump material. The assays range in value from 0.02 to 43.5 g/t Au, with 12 samples reporting over 10 g/t Au and 15 samples reporting 1-10 g/t Au.
Reconnassiance Highlights (Channel Samples)
- 82.50 g/t Au and 169.0 g/t Ag over 1.0 m
- 65.10 g/t Au and 113.0 g/t Ag over 1.0 m
- 40.20 g/t Au and 73.0 g/t Ag over 1.0 m
- 105.70 g/t Au and 90.6 g/t Ag over 1.5m ETW1
- 42.00 g/t Au and 15.7 g/t Ag over 1.4m ETW1
- 31.80 g/t Au and 36.0 g/t Ag over 1.5 m
- 16.10 g/t Au and 14.8 g/t Ag over 1.2 m
- 44.40 g/t Au and 26.0 g/t Ag over 1.0m ETW1
- 26.00 g/t Au and 22.0 g/t Ag over 1.2m ETW1
San Luis - Caballo
- 19.40 g/t Au and 8.7 g/t Ag over 2.0 m
- 18.20 g/t Au and 39.0 g/t Ag over 1.0 m
- 16.50 g/t Au and 11.5 g/t Ag over 1.0 m
- 41.40 g/t Au and 56.9 g/t Ag over 1.5m ETW1
- 35.60 g/t Au and 37.0 g/t Ag over 1.5m ETW1
- 29.80 g/t Au and 29.0 g/t Ag over 1.0 m
- 19.80 g/t Au and 72.0 g/t Ag over 1.4 m
- 11.40 g/t Au and 71.0 g/t Ag over 1.3 m
- 44.10 g/t Au and 34.4 g/t Ag over 1.0m ETW1
- 43.60 g/t Au and 25.9 g/t Ag over 1.0m ETW1
1 Results reported on March 24, 2022, press release available here.
History & Milestones
- 2020 - March 12 - Acquired Concession - Granted from Ministry of Mines
- 2021 - Nov 12 - Positive Public Consultation for exploration permit.